It may no longer be the most expensive home for sale in the U.S., but the 16-acre ocean-to-lake mansion known as the Gemini is still an icon of opulence worthy of the public eye.
The Palm Beach estate’s history dates back to the 1940s, when it served as home to Gloria Guinness — a socialite and fashion icon known for her high-profile marriages.
Now owned by the Ziff family — which ranks #14 on Forbes’ list of richest families in the U.S. — the iconic property is set on a barrier island in Manalapan, just south of South Beach. The Ziff estate spans the width of the barrier island, with roughly 1,200 feet of frontage on the Atlantic ocean and about 1,300 feet on the Intracoastal Waterway.
With a 12-bedroom main residence, a 7-bedroom guest house, north and south ocean cottages, and dedicated spaces for the estate manager’s home and office, the Gemini is a true private oasis. See for yourself:
Manalapan’s Gemini Estate: What You Get for $195 Million
Let’s break it down:
- Location: 2000 S Ocean Boulevard, Manalapan, Florida — a 20-minute drive to Palm Beach
- Structures: the mansion, a guest house, two “ocean cottages”, a manager’s house and office, and a tree house
- Bedrooms: 12 bedrooms (main house), 7 bedrooms (guest house)
- Bathrooms: 34 full / 13 half bathrooms
- Square footage: 84,988 square feet of interior space
- Sports amenities: a PGA-standard golf practice area, a “sports complex” with tennis, basketball, mini golf, and playgrounds
- Tech setup: a “museum-quality” climate-control system, advanced security system, cell phone signal booster, two elevators, backup generators and propane supplies
- Quirks: a freshwater pond, bird sanctuary, a butterfly garden complete with model train, and a fully-furnished underground tunnel connecting different parts of the compound
For more information — or maybe to make an offer, extremely affluent reader I didn’t know about — check out the full listing, held by the D’Angelo/Liguori team with Premier Estate Properties.
More beautiful mansions:
This $250M Bel Air Mega-Mansion Is Now the Most Expensive Home in the U.S.
French Chateau Sports Great Architecture, Stunning Interiors, and a $2.3M Price Tag
Wayne Gretzky’s Palatial Home in Thousand Oaks Sells for $6M